January Intern Program
The Coalition offers an intensive 3-week volunteer internship program for college undergraduates during Winter Break to coincide with Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
The 2019 Program will be to create a live-streamed event on January 11 - Human Trafficking Awareness Day.
CANDIDATES FOR THE 2019 PROGRAM HAVE NOW BEEN ACCEPTED.
Please check back in Sept 2020 for the application for next year.
2019 PROGRAM DATES:
▪ Sat. Nov 17 @ 2pm to 3pm = VIRTUAL Event Planning Meeting - (Skype/Google Hangout) - This 1 hour meeting will decide the focus of the Jan 11th event, and plan the event publicity.
▪ Thurs. Dec 20 @ 10am-3pm = IN PERSON ORIENTATION HT 101 / team photo & event planning.
Dec 21-Jan 4 = Collaborative work done by small teams in person/Skype or via email
▪ Fri. Jan 4 @ 10am-3pm = IN PERSON Team building exercises + further event planning
Optional day: Mon. Jan 7 @ 9am-2pm - Advocacy Day in Trenton
Jan 8 & 9 = Collaborative work done by small teams in person/Skype or via email
▪ Thurs. Jan 10 @ 10am-3pm = Event rehearsal and set up
▪ Fri. Jan 11 @ 9am-2pm = Human Trafficking Awareness Day Event (Live from 10:30am-12:00pm) + Intern Celebration
-- The Coalition will provide lunch for all in-person meetings, and will also provide partial travel reimbursement to those who complete the program.
-- This is a volunteer internship, but interns will receive a letter of recommendation from the Coalition.
-- Non-attendance on any of these dates will mean removal from the program.
QUESTIONS? Please email email@example.com
ABOUT PREVIOUS PROGRAMS:
Our 2018 Intern Program was to create a PSA entitled: "How NJ is Battling Human Trafficking". Click below to view it.
Our 2018 Intern Program was run by several members of our 2017 Intern Program - taking their knowledge and passion to inspire the next generation of student activists.
The 2017 Intern Program was to work with local mayors to encourage towns to post PSAs on their municipal websites during January.
Some of the 2017 Intern Program Members are pictured below:
Having completed a January Internship, ongoing opportunities are open to participants, including serving on committees, helping to run events, and more.